10 Activities To Do In The Napa Valley, With or Without Wine // Part 2
Winter time in Napa Valley has proven to be absolutely gorgeous, with very few wet days so far! That means you have the opportunity to experience all of the outdoor activities Napa has to offer, besides just wine tasting! We truly are blessed beyond belief to live in Napa, with so many different activities and events, you end up saying NO more than yes! If you are planning a trip to Napa or happen to live locally and you’re not the biggest drinker, don’t worry, because this is the guide for you! See below for some of my favorite things to do in my little town!
Napa is flanked by mountains on either side of the valley. Some of my favorite hiking spots include:
- Westwood Hills for a quick 30 minute SUPER hilly, high endurance hike. Located in Napa off of Browns Valley Road/First Street.
- Alston Park for locals and their pups, great views of the city of Napa and a really fun adventure for your pup. Located in North Napa off of Dry Creek Rd.
- Skyline Park for those of you looking for a more serious endeavor, take this hike up to the reservoir for a nice 4- 5 hour excursion. Make sure to pack a lunch! This spot is located in South Napa off of Imola Ave.
- Bothe State Park located in St. Helena on Mount St. Helena, this historic state park is full of trails, short ones, long ones and lots of nature sightings! Located just off of Hwy 29 between St. Helena and Calistoga.
- Table Rock/Palisades Trail located in Calistoga off of the Silverado Trail. I have never actually hiked this spot, but hear the views are EPIC of the valley floor and Calistoga/St. Helena. If you are staying up that way, this is a great spot to check out!
- Health Spa Napa Valley is located in St. Helena next to The Southbridge Hotel and Farmstead restaurants. It is a fabulous spa, decked out with a pool/hot tub, steam room, sauna, state of the art gym and some of the best massage therapists in the game! On my recent visit I was with Tammy the head therapist and she was AMAZING. She asked if I wanted some light stretching and it was the best addition for my sore muscles. I have been having a stressful month with work/blog/business and she could tell from the tension in my muscles. She listened and was quick to adjust pressure if needed – my neck was SCREAMING, “WHY DIDN’T YOU DO THIS SOONER.” After our massages, my bestie and I headed to the pool/hot tub to relax and melt into our robes! We finished with a quick steam and showers…I literally felt like I a new person. If only we had gotten there early enough to work out, life would have been complete. Oh and I forgot to mention one of the best parts of HSNV, they allow you to bring your own wine to drink by their pool/hot tub (corkage fee will apply)….you can get a day pass to enjoy the spa facilities, or just purchase a treatment and you will have use of all facilities! Check out their spa menu HERE and make sure to check them out on your next visit!!
- Silverado Country Club & Golf Course is probably a familiar name for any golf enthusiast. They host many PGA tournaments annually, including the Safeway Open. They boast two 18 hole courses, surrounded by vineyards and neighboring wineries, this is a spot that should be on your list! You have to either stay at the resort or join a member to get on the course, so book in advance!
- Chardonnay Golf Club is located just on the outskirts of Napa (technically still Napa, but WAY far from downtown), they are literally surrounded by nothing but vineyards and they have a great club house with gorgeous views of the course and stiff drinks!
- Eagle Vines Golf Club also located just on the outskirts of Napa, technically backs up to Chardonnay Golf Course, Eagle Vines is another option for those looking for a spot to hit the links!
- Vintners Golf Club located in Yountville, close to all things bougie and fabulous! This course is actually one I would describe as a locals course, they have a great driving range that my husband and I visit frequently and they also host golf leagues for locals (my husband plays there every Tuesday!)…the driving range is only $15 per bucket of balls, so if you’re bored of wine, head on over and hit some balls – rent some clubs at the pro-shop!
- Miyamo Boutique is in Downtown Napa and offers a variety of fashion forward women’s clothing, definitely on the casual/dressy side and priced right with items ranging from $30 - $200. I have been shopping at Miyamo for ages and it’s a great spot to check out if you’re interested in bulking up your closet while on vacation, or especially if you’re a local!
- Boho Lifestyle Boutique also located in Downtown Napa, just down the street from many other boutiques on First Street. They carry the latest trends at really great prices and they stay open until 9 pm….anyone for a little after dinner shopping? I know my husband is a little more open to spending after dinner than before lol. Definitely suggest popping in to see what they have!
- Wunder Boutique & Salon is a dual entity in that they have a fabulous boutique in front of the store that sells: hats, sunglasses, accessories, cell phone cases, purses, some clothing and much much more – super funny cards, like “It’s okay Guacamole, I am extra too!” in addition they have a full service salon in the back, including; cut color, blowouts, style, waxing, lash extensions and the list goes on and on! If you’re visiting and need a spot to get pretty at, this is a great place!
- Wood & Rowan opened just a couple years ago by local Rebecca Rowan, they offer a range of services from nails, to blowouts and hand/foot scrubs! They are located on Main street in Napa just next to Morimoto. There floor to ceiling windows offer great people watching as you get your treatment done!
- Whirldwind Blowdry Bar also located in Downtown Napa, a big locals favorite. I know I have personally gone to them a few times now and loved every treatment, blow outs, full make up and hair cut/color are just some of the services offered! if you are getting married or just looking for a great person to help you get ready for this years VDAY, make sure to call and book with RACHEL, she is AMAZING and my favorite person to work with when it comes to styling.....she's sweet as pie, knows her shit and is the most complimentary, nicest person ever...your making me pretty physically and you make me feel pretty mentally....score! I highly recommend checking this spot out!
If your considering a trip to Napa Valley this is certainly the time to book as most places fill up quickly and become even more expensive during the summer and fall months ! Take advantage and some see us now! Lots more to do in Napa than just drink wine, however fortunately for you, we’ve adapted almost all activities to include wine, if you want it :)